|Jacques Dyel du Parquet|
|Seven Years' War|
- 1 lb. salted meat (beef or ham or salted cod fish)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large green breadfruit (about 2 lb.)
- 8-10 Callaloo leaves (you can use spinach if you cannot find callaloo)
- 1¼ cups coconut milk
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Avocado and Fresh Fruit for garnish
1. Wash salted meat (note: If you are using salted cod fish, instead, for this dish, boil salt fish first by it self to get rid of extra salt), cut into small pieces. Put into heavy aluminum pot.
2. Add sliced onion and chopped celery, and thyme. Mix.
3. Wash and peel the skin of the breadfruit. Cut into 4-5 wedges. Remove centre core. Cut wedges in halves across.
4. Arrange breadfruit pieces on the meat.
6. Spread leaves open on the top of breadfruit putting the smaller leaves between
7. Add coconut milk. Cover pot tightly, put on medium heat. Cook until all the water is absorbed and food begins to fry. Remove from fire.
8. Open pot. Using a fork and spoon, roll up leaves into a ball-like mixture.
Serve on a warm dish. Add the breadfruit pieces to the dish, then the meat. Complete the meal with avocado slices and a fresh fruit, for garnish.