|1950s Dairy Queen|
|Lunch Counter Sit-In|
|A Young Patricia in Dark Glasses|
|Patricia and John in 1963|
|Patricia and John in Later Years|
|German Shepherds Attacking Civil Rights Protesters|
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs from 9 (2 ¼ -inch by 4 ¾ -inch) crackers (British friends: Digestives work perfectly as a substitute)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh or bottled Key lime juice (if using bottled, preferably
* brand) Manhattan
- ¾ cup chilled heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk together condensed milk and yolks in a bowl until combined well. Add juice and whisk until combined well (mixture will thicken slightly).
Just before serving, beat cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Serve pie topped with cream.
Sources: NY Times, Wikipedia, CNN, Google, Bing, Epicurious